Aid Tanzania and Kiretono, thanks to the generosity of its supporters and volunteers, has been able to provide the following assistance:
Relief of Poverty
- Sponsored 300+ years of primary, secondary, or vocational education school
- Renovated 2 classrooms and headmistress' office at Sumawe Primary School with assistance from Tauck
- Installed 2 phases of playground equipment and swings at Sumawe Primary School with funds raised by Ricardo A Cabeza de Vaca and Simon's Promise
- Provided textbooks and school supplies, uniforms, shoes, mattresses and other items for dorm life to secondary school students
- Donated more than 300 primary school textbooks
- Organized field trips to attend KISA scholars leadership programs in Northern Tanzania
- Hosted "Town Tours" orienting pastoralist girls to life outside of their isolated rural homes
Public Health Initiatives:
- Provided training and assistance to hundreds of women through the Women's Enterprise Program (WEP) in an effort to alleviate poverty
- In 2019, more than 425 women have participated at various levels in the Women's Enterprise Program
- Provided thousands of dollars worth of beading supplies to WEP to produce merchandise which is then sold to in an effort for Kiretono to become self-sustaining.
- Conducted training sessions in Ngorongoro on the importance of hygiene and treating your drinking water, introducing the Safe Water Now ceramic water filter, impacting hundreds of families
- Placed 200 filters with Maasai families, thus providing filtered drinking water for more than 1000 people over a five year period.
- Placed 5 high-flow filters donated by Babson College Students and FAME to meet the needs of more than 400 primary school students at Oloirobi Primary School in Ngorongoro
- Organized vision screenings coordinated with district health officials in Ngorongoro, serving more than 450 patients over 6 days, distributing hundreds of pairs of reading, prescription and sun glasses and facilitated referrals for patients requiring surgery or further treatment for pathology.